Once you install a police scanner app on your phone or tablet, it gives you access to police department scanner frequencies across the U.S. You can listen to a Cleveland police scanner live feed in one minute, and do the same for chatter in Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas, Miami, Detroit or just about every city in the US.
A police scanner app has the below features:
- You can choose to scan the nearest frequencies in your community or neighborhood.
- You have the option of choosing the most popular or the highest rating frequencies.
- Each frequency is a live broadcast.
- You have options while the broadcast is ongoing such as recording it, making notes for future reference use or sharing it with family and friends by sending it to them.
Distinguishing Features of Free and Premium Versions
Many police scanner apps have a large library consisting of numerous radio stations that broadcast live feeds. With this application, you have the option to add your very own station whenever you wish. With this app you can easily listen to Cleveland police scanner stations or frequencies.
Although most scanner applications are free, you must first have an iTunes account and the iTunes software installed to download it. Here are some of the common features of the free and premium (paid) versions:
- Languages: They come in several languages including English, Spanish, Finnish, Korean, Hebrew, Portuguese, Catalan, Turkish, Norwegian, German, Japanese, Slovak, Indonesian, simplified and traditional Chinese, Dutch, Polish, Czech, Italian, Russian, Danish, French, Swedish, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, and others.
- Optimization for the newest iPhone and Android models.
- Attempts re-connection of a feed automatically if connection is lost.
- Listening to live feeds and browsing at the same time with a built-in browser.
- Automatic detection of feeds.
- Integration of feeds to the radio.
- New police feeds added hourly.
- With phonetic alphabet and built-in codes including those of the Cleveland police scanner codes, military and firefighter codes, and emergency and medical services; this should be appreciated by beginners who are new to live police scanning feeds.
- Maps which indicate your location as well as the feed’s.
- Feeds can be shared with family and friends through email (they don’t need to purchase the app).
With a police scanner app, you are able to access information regarding traffic situations, road blocks, vehicular accidents, check points, crimes and rescue operations in progress, manhunts, and police car pursuits from the comfort of your home. You get the same excellent quality application, whether it’s for a Cleveland, Ohio police scanner live feed or for its Denver counterpart in Colorado.
How to Get Started
- First, you will need to choose a police scanner app from iTunes or Google Play.
- Once you have downloaded the app, you need to set it to the frequencies you are interested in. So in this case, you can choose a Cleveland Ohio police frequency. Most apps have already identified the frequencies.
- Finally, you can start listening to the feeds.